Breathe offers a 200-hour yoga teacher training in the Breathe Method on beautiful St. Martin in the Caribbean. Over years of practice and instruction, we realized that it is not enough to focus simply on strength or flexibility. Rather, it is necessary to focus on both. The Breathe Method brings together Hatha Vinyasa Flow, as well as Restorative, Yin and core-focused poses. These poses are synchronized with the breathe to create a comprehensive practice that serves the body and mind. Whether you’re interested in deepening your practice or teaching yoga, we’ve developed the Breathe Method to help you understand how to create a balanced practice that brings both peace and results to one’s yoga experience.
Breathe yoga is also committed to focusing on the whole self, offering coaching and energy healing sessions in both one-on-one and group settings. These additions to our yoga teacher training allow the body to release emotional blockages and limiting beliefs, leaving each trainee with a deeper understanding of themselves, a lighter approach to their yoga (asana) practice, and a release of imbalances in the body and mind. Adding these two powerful techniques equips Breathe Yoga students with not just the knowledge of the physical yoga practice but with the confidence and understanding of how to create a more balanced life experience for themselves and their students.
Our 200-hour teacher training course is designed for beginner practitioners (with a solid understanding of yoga fundamentals) and intermediate practitioners. The training is offered to small groups only so there is plenty of one-on-one attention. You will develop a strong base in your personal yoga practice, confidence to lead a yoga class with practitioners of all levels, as well as your own personal yoga philosophy.
We are committed providing you with a high quality experience. You will leave your training with:
- The ability to easily teach a 60-minute, 75-minute and 90-minute Vinyasa Flow class
- A solid understanding of healthy alignment, proper adjustment techniques and myriad modifications to better adjust to your students
- Thoughtful consideration of all eight limbs of yoga through our philosophy discussions.
- Strong grasp of relevant anatomical information and terms.
- A working understanding of your unique yoga voice and philosophy
- Significant hands-on teaching experience and feedback from trainer and peer trainees.
- The ability to sequence asanas in a fluid manner that will center students, allowing them to move through asanas with a connection to mind, body and breath
- A practical understanding of yoga physiology and anatomy and their application to your practice and the development of your students’ practices
- Practical advice on the business and marketing of yoga
Sample Daily Training Schedule *
- 05:30 – Wake Up
- 06:00 – Herbal Tea
- 06:30 – Chanting
- 07:00 – Restorative/Yin & Vinyasa Asana Practice
- 09:30 – Breakfast
- 10:30 – Whole Self Talks
- 11:30 – Anatomy
- 12:30 – Lunch time
- 15:00 – One-on-One & Small Group Asana and Discussion Sessions
- 16:00 – Philosophy
- 17:00 – Core Vinyasa Flow
- 18:30 – Pranayama & Meditation
- 19:30 – Dinner
* The training schedule varies based on program needs as well as weather and light conditions at the time of your training.
Upcoming Yoga Teacher Trainings
* Amount includes tuition, accommodations, and vegetarian breakfast, lunch and dinner on Monday thru Saturday. Rates are in US dollars and do not include the 5% charge for credit card and PayPal payments. Payment options are also available in cash or via US Check. Please contact us for additional information on these options.
The training will be held at La Plenitude and it is 10 minute walk from Friars Bay Beach on the French Side of Saint Martin. Each room has a terrace with a small kitchen, a large bathroom with a dressing room, and access to internet. There are no telephones or televisions, on purpose, so you can truly enjoy the tranquility undisturbed.
Vegetarian meals (breakfast, lunch and dinner) included with accommodations on Monday thru Friday, and Saturday (breakfast & lunch only).
For additional accommodation options within walking distance of the training location, please contact us here.
Reading List & Supplies List
- Yoga Sequencing: Designing Transformative Yoga Classes, Mark Stephens (required)
- The Key Muscles of Yoga: Scientific Keys, Volume 1, Ray Long (required)
- Yoga and the Path of the Urban Mystic (4th Edition) (required)
- Neti Pot (required)
- Strong Yoga Strap (required)
- Strong Yoga Mat (optional)
- 2 Bamboo Yoga Blocks (optional)